Last updated: October 10, 2018
Siitch, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. The Company’s services are provided to you through its website located at www.siitch.com (including any mobile sites and mobile applications, content, functionality, and services offered on or through www.siitch.com, the “Site”). This policy describes the type of information we may collect from you or that you may provide through the Site and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on the Site;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site;
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Site; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
The Site is not a health plan, a health care clearinghouse, or a health care provider under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPPA”) and therefore is not subject to and/or bound by the privacy standards or other provisions of HIPAA.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Information You Give Us
We may collect the following information from and about users of the Site:
- personally identifiable information, including but not limited to name, email address, and payment information (we do not store full payment details);
- event information such as location, time, and accompanying photograph;
- dietary information such as diet, food allergies, food intolerances and any dietary notes volunteered by users and their guests;
- demographic information such as preferences, interests, and postal codes, when you voluntarily provide such information;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Site, and usage details; and/or
- other information collected from Site visitors.
Information Others Share About You
We may receive certain personally identifiable information (including but not limited to name, email address, and telephone number) about you from other users when they upload your contact information, send you an invitation to an event, or comment, message or provide other information about you on an event page.
Hosts may choose at their discretion to share their Guests SUMMARIZED dietary information with caterers, or Guests attending the same event. NO PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED. ALL INFORMATION IS ANONYMIZED. Hosts may do this is to allow anyone providing food for the event to assist with menu planning, to save time, save money, and to help reduce food waste.
Twenty-four (24) hours after an event, the guest list, summarized data of the event (e.g., summary of dietary restrictions of the party without any other personally identifiable information), and any messages are stored on the host’s dashboard. This information deletes after one (1) year.
Information Through Facebook
The Company allows you to login to the Site using Facebook. When you login through Facebook, it may authenticate your identity and share your email address with us, which we can use to create an account for you. If you connect with the Site using your credentials for Facebook, we may collect certain information consistent with your privacy settings on Facebook and we may provide Facebook with access to data related to your use of the Site. Please remember that the manner in which Facebook uses, stores and discloses your information is governed by their terms of service and privacy policies, and that we will have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of providers of Facebook or any other third-party services. We do not automatically and publicly post information on the third-party services on your behalf.
Information We Get From You Navigating the Site.
We automatically collect certain technical data that is sent to us from the computer, mobile device and/or browser through which you access the Site. This includes, without limitation, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, statistics on your activities on the Site, information about how you came to the Site and data collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies. This includes the use of Google Analytics to collect and provide this information by reference to a cookie id and IP of your device and the log information about the use of the Site to measure those activity levels. This information may be transmitted to and stored on the servers of Google. To opt-out from the collection of this information by Google, see CORRECTING AND CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION below.
HOW WE COLLECT
We collect this information (1) directly from you when you provide it to us, (2) by a user of the Site who has invited you to an event or (3) automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected directly may include information from registering on our Site, subscribing to our services, correspondences, responses to surveys, and any other transactions carried out through our Site. Information collected from other users may include information provided by users of the Site as part of creating an event on the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to deliver invitations and/or other products and services that you have requested and/or purchased;
- to present our Site and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to process such payment, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business;
- to provide you with notices about your account;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Siitch’s server maintenance and development team has implemented security measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Please note that all payment and credit card transactional information is stored with our 3rd party payment gateway provider, offsite from all generic data that is stored on the Siitch hosting environment. This is in line with current security standards and best practices.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see CORRECTING AND CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION below.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the DNT signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. We do not track our customers over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to DNT signals.
CORRECTING AND CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt out at any time by:
- Clicking the opt out link in any email newsletter received; or
- Sending us an email stating the request to email@example.com
This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
If you have created an account, you can review, change, and delete your personal information, and any other family members you have created a profile for, or delete your account, by logging into the Site and visiting your ‘My account’ page.
When you RSVP for an event as a guest, your name, your contact information (email address and/or phone number) and any messages will be stored on the party host’s dashboard for one (1) year. The summarized data of dietary restrictions of the party will also be saved, but no personally identifiable information will be linked to such summarized data. This will also be stored in the party host’s dashboard for one (1) year.
You may also send us an email at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us or has been provided to us by a user of the Site. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
To opt-out from the collection of information by Google relating to your activity on the Site, you can download and install a browser plug-in at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may retain your personal information as long as you are registered on the Site. If you have not created an account on the Site, all personal information that identifies you as an individual will automatically be deleted after the event for which such information was provided.
However, we may retain personal information for an additional period as is required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your personal information it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax or regulatory reasons or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
Aggregated information about our users that do not identify any individual will be retained for at least one year.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as third-party payment service providers or card networks;
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Siitch, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Siitch, Inc. about our Site users is among the assets transferred;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information (1) to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, (2) to enforce or apply our terms of sale and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, and (3) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Siitch, Inc., our customers, or others.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not intentionally solicit, collect or maintain personal information from children under 13, and we ask that parents supervise their children while online. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at [email@example.com].
P.O. Box 2105
Toluca Lake, CA 91610